Use Date Shortcuts to Eliminate Report/Inquiry Maintenance
If you have to re-specify dates whenever you run a report, chances are you're working too hard. Date shortcuts are especially valuable in report and inquiry selection options; when they're processed, date shortcuts are based on the current date.
For example, if you enter T for today, the report/inquiry always uses your terminal date. Entering SOM (start of month) as the "from" date and EOM (end of month) as the "to" date saves you from having to change the date selection each time you run a monthly report or inquiry.
There are shortcuts for:
- Today, tomorrow, yesterday
- A number of days, months or periods before or after today
- Start of the calendar month, period, quarter and year
- End of the month, period, quarter and year
- Work days, months, periods or years (e.g., WSOM is the first work day of the month and WEOM is the last work day of the month)
All available date shortcuts are documented here with examples. You can see these examples and other date entry options by entering ?DATE at any PowerShift menu.